Monday, January 4, 2010

The Beginning


With a new year upon us I thought it would be most appropriate to start of 2010 with a new painting series... titled MASQUERADES OF THY NIGHT.


I have been obsessed with masquerades for a long time.....the masks so dark and mysterious... a way to hide and keep secrets. So I decided it was time to create thsi series.


A DAY IN THE WAKING WORLD is my first installment to this gothic series.


"Go beyond their eyes,

Walk amongst their broken souls,

Surrender to their twisted minds,

And that is where you will discover a little piece of yourself."


I took alot of time with the composition and details of this piece. I LOVE this painting.. it's dark and captivating.
This painting is currently available in my ebay store in a 7 day auction starting off at just one penny.
Click the link below to view painting's auction.
I'm headed back into my studio to create the second installment to this series... my goal with each installment is to take you deeper and deeper into the darkness of my world of pur imagination.
Heather


2 comments:

  1. I wish you great success with your creativity. Best wishes
    Margareth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!! I love them as well, I used to collect them years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...