Sunday, May 15, 2011

Siren Songs.....my New Painting

Hi everyone!
Hope you are all having a great weekend!
Today, I have a new painting to share with you... . Introducing my original acrylic painting titled SIREN SONGS! Measuring  12" x 24", I created this  work of art on a 3/4" thick cradled wood panel for the upcoming issue of  the Scarlet Literary Magazine.  I was thrilled to have been asked to  create the  cover art... and  am super pleased with the end results of my piece.
Normally  I  am a very vivid and colorful painter but I  took a different approach on this serene yet haunting  piece. 
A beautiful  and elegant siren  playing her nautilus shelled lyre lures in a ship and passengers  from the fog to their death.



I am currently working on  another cover art for this magazine.... this time the piece will be more  hauntingly dark and mysterious... with the  theme  being Odes To The Moon.  I can't wait to share with you the final piece.


Well all for now.... Stay  tune  for more original paintings and exciting news.....

Have an enchanting day!
~Heather

2 comments:

  1. Wow! This is absolutely stunning, such a beautiful atmosphere you have captured in your painting, LOVE it
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather I just love the atmosphere you've created with Siren Song - gorgeous!

    Su xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...